Foods that Help Constipation
Foods that Help Constipation
For constipation help, you want to eat foods that are rich in fiber. You probably already know that fibers can help digestion. American Dietetic Association (ADA) recommends including at least 20-30 grams of fiber a day in your diet. The foods listed below are the most recommended ones to help constipation.
But aside from fibrous food, you must also know the importance of water in curing constipation. It’s been found that fibers work better in the intestines if there’s sufficient amount of water present. If you’re one of those who don’t drink enough water, you better start. The institute of medicine recommends drinking at least:
For men: 13 glasses of water a day
For women: 9 glasses a day
For pregnant women: 10 glasses a day
For breast-feeding women: 12.5 glasses a day
Now let’s get to the foods that you should try to include in your diet.
- Apple juice helps constipation signficantly. Drinking 3 glasses of Apple Juice daily, if constipation is severe, can be really helpful. Apple Juice has tendency of cleaning up your digestive system, and it’s proven to work.
- Prune juice is another ‘magical’ beverage that will give you almost instant natural constipation relief.
- Vegetables: All sorts of vegetables, from carrots to tomatoes, are rich in fiber and thus helpful in curing constipation.
- Fruits: Withthe exceptions of guava and bananas, including most fruits in diet is encouraged. Apples and grapes can have the most positive effects.
- Nuts: All kinds, especially cashew nuts.
- Beans: Mongo and kidney beans have a lot of fiber in them. Strongly recommended.
Those are the main ones. Just keep in mind you need the right amount of balance of liquid beverages and fiborous food in your diet until your constipation is cured.
Foods to Avoid if you’re constipated
- White rice
- Guava and Banana
- Processed foods
- Fatty foods
- Fried foods
Severely constipated? Take a look at this:
Eating foods that help constipation is definitely an effective way to get rid of the disorder, but there are many more things you should keep in mind. For the starters, you need to exercise more. Constipation is a direct sign of weak liver. Things like acupuncture and yoga have been known to strengthen the liver and thus cure constipation naturally, faster and more effectively than any medicine can.
A friend of mine recently recommended an eBook, Natural Remedies for Constipation, when I had constipation problems. I found that the guide was full of great step-by-step instructions and tips to get rid of constipation almost instantly.
I strongly recommend you get the guide for yourself too, because there are just a lot of things you should know when it comes to constipation. Without having read the guide, I wouldn’t have known anything about the foods that help constipation either! I’d also like to remind you IBS can have some serious consequences on your health, such as hemorrhoids, anal fissures, rectal bleeding, etc.
Don’t take this disorder lightly. Click here to grab the ebook to learn how to get rid of constipation for good.